• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DorRaba

convert DirectX8 to DirectX9 projects problem

This topic is 5407 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I have downloaded a tutorial about making Terrains using Direct3D8 but I have Visual Studio .NET and DirectX9 installed on my computer, my question is, what changes should I do in the application I have downloaded so it could be compiled? the Link to the tutorial is from 32bits.co.uk: http://www.thehavok.co.uk/scene/32bits/tutorials/directx/techniques/source/terrain.zip Thank you Please try to help me

Advertisement
are you using vs.net 2003?

if so just ignore that lib, go to the project properties and where you would normally link your other libs, there should be a field near there that saids "Ignore library" or something, just put libci.lib in there.

A simple terrain tutorial is not going to much different at all between DirectX8 and DirectX9. Probably the only thing that will change is the numbers behind the interface names.

However, if you need some more tutorials (I have used both of these with DX9 before), here you go:
here is a height-map based generator
here is a very basic random terrain generator

Dustin Franklin
Mircrosoft DirectX MVP

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!