• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imhandycapped18

Are you a progammer?

This topic is 5224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok ive creating a 3d world based on 7 towns 8 if you count the dead poor town. The game uses many engines! thats right not just one. I run it on a few engines to see witch one gives me the best result. Now being someone on welfare i cant afford a good engine. The game is based on life kinda.. The game is called Second Chance im looking for a crew of people willing to help and if this game gets big we all split the money equally. I need someone who can create textures to replace the ones i have for there no ilegal crap when it comes down to saleing. I also need someone who knows networking and programming. And someone who can create frames for models. I do all the model work like level design and creating people & cars. I also need beta testers NOW to take a fly threw the towns and see wut they can or canot fly threw. The game i want to be online but im talkign to far ahead, I dont want to be some newbie who just talks about a game that isnt done or hasnt even been created. My or may i say Our website will be up by tomorrow night. I want anyone who can help. THeres no money involved intill we get sale it. heres the game idea! none of this is made so if you think its impossible please tell me. Remember IM just a modeler ive been doing it since i was 13 im 18 now. Second Chance. Your start off dirt poor you make your way threw these towns that are miles apart exploring the terrain picking up lose change here or there. Now you have the chance to stay poor or make youre self the biggest thing to hit the online comunity. Now you start off with a fishing pole. And a hunting gun. Both are low level. You level them up and sale wut you catch or kill. When you have enough money you can cash in ur money to buy a boat and stick with the fishing biz or move on to something way better. Learn to drive buy cars or homes. Hit the show biz and be on the comunity tv creating shows or movies. Do wut ever it takes to be known or rich, Build a company from cratch anything! now to newbies your prolly like cool sweet! but to the old folks this is a game idea that have been tost around forums for ever. I 99% belive this game would be impossible to make. But 1% of me thinks with the right crew and fans who want to help i do belive it can be done. so please just try for a few weeks and lets see how far we get! I dont want this idea to be tost around anymore i want it to me tried and either failed or sucess..

Advertisement
You sound on the one hand like the main infrstructure is done and it needs artwork and ''finishing off''; on the other you sound like it''s hardly started. As you''ll know if you''ve been here long saying ''I need people to help me make this amazing game'' you''ll not get much. If it is already a fair way into development you will probably get offers of help but you must show what you have. I think you really should put up what you have as a download - people won''t even commit to beta test without seeing it 1st. I''d love to see what you have so far, if your site''s not up could you email me a screenshot or two please?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Interested Programmer

Sounds like an interesting game. Is it something like Animal Crossing on the GameCube? In that you do jobs for people getting money, furniture, and house extensions. It sounds like Animal Crossing but with the ability to actually travel across land to the different towns. Could you clear a few things up please:

1) Which 3d engines are you actually using?

2) How much of the game has been coded already?( If any... ? )

3) Have you put all your ideas into a game design document( and set limits. You seem to want to include a LOT of functionality. Not impossible to put in but time consuming : ) )?

4) What is your web address?

5) Why are even suggesting making this game if , and I quote,

"I 99% belive this game would be impossible to make"

With that attitude it will never see the light of day. Be positive, and a cut down version might make it though!

Pete

Wll im starting to think negative after getting negative post over the web. The site will be up by friday. I do have all the modesl done. And I would like to replace these textures with some custome designes. In fact i create 7 towns plus the poor town. I also created cars and all the model needed to get you around and about in the world. Yes the gamecube game did have a huge impact on my game idea. But this game would also be 100% different as well. Fishing and Huning are only the begining of The adventure that lies ahead of you. I think players would love to raise there popularity and fame in this game. Or to Buy as many things as possible to toy with. I promise my site will be up This friday as soon as I take pics of all my models and the whole world its self. The game engine I used first was 3d Morfit. Then I moved on to 3dgamestudio witch was a failure. Then i moved on to 3drad Witch wasnt help at all becuz of its limits. I finally moved on to orge But I am cluless of its effect on my game cuz I havnt found the right way to use its source codes. Please Keep giving me info!

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!