• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PnP Bios

Domain (my game from the java thread)

This topic is 5345 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is the basic layout. You fill out a form, or mail the game master to pick out your race, attributes, PW, name, and all of the other stuff. Once you have your account, you get the client, either as an applet or a console app. you log in to begin your session. durring your session, you may talk, trade, fight, or move. All the client does is pass strings back and forth. all of the logic is handled by the server. This prevents cheating. Items are either found on the ground or bought from a merchant. To prevent inflation, there will be a limmited ammount of funds. there may only be 100K in the game. Merchants will be actual players, not CP''s. You can only do something to somebody if they are online. Otherwise, their number will not appear during any of the lookup calls. certain ID''s will have special meanings. 0 is the server. -1 is everybody. -2 is everybody in your clan. other numbers will be specific players. There would be an item guide on the main page. everything would be passed as numbers. (ex) (fight Bill) FIGHT 114 or (give 321 credits Gary) GIVE 321 7 100. The mechanics of the game could be hammered out through various versions. anything else? Just ask. It may take a while, as I am new to Java and don''t have a lot of free time. I know sockets and C though.

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
Once you have your account, you get the client, either as an applet or a console app. you log in to begin your session.

for applet i think the use won''t need to download it because it is web page embedded. however for console app., yes it requires the user to download it

I''m in, but I am already part of a larger project so I will not have all the time int the world.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!