I am Working on my First Game

Started by
4 comments, last by football11f 20 years, 1 month ago
Hello. I am currently working on my first game on the GameMaker program. I am not the greatest drawer in the world and am in need of the following sprites: Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli Facing the side casually standing. Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli Facing the side running Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli Facing the side swinging their weapons. ALso I need an orc sprite and I need a Nazgul Sprite (All facing the side) Is someone has some tips for me, please give them to me. Thank you.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by football11f
Is someone has some tips for me, please give them to me.
Tip: Don''t use copyrighted characters from a book/film, which the worlds biggest publisher has paid millions of dollars to license the game rights for. EA have a lot of lawyers and they only feed them once a week so they are always eager for fresh meat.

Dan Marchant
Obscure Productions (www.obscure.co.uk)
Game Development & Design consultant
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Or just dont make it publicly available. Although I am not too certain about the nature of EA''s license, I bet you can get away with it just fine if you don''t try to sell it. After all, it''s not like your the first guy with the great idea of making a LOTR game ...
Foxed.

- It''s a life''s work

40% Off ALL Hosting Plans THROUGH March!!!
-ryan@lecherousjester.com
Correction to Obscure: publisher(s)

Everyone affiliated with the movies, books, and games on LOTR has some sort of license, and plenty of lawyers.
"Quality games for quality people." - Company Motto
One idea is using screen captures and get sprites from the film.
If you have to, draw over them giving a cell look.

When your game is done, and you start getting noticed from it, then worry about copyrights and such. Until then, use the images, and have fun.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement