• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

keethrus

loading webpage from windows app

This topic is 5196 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ive tried googling and searching, but I cant find anything. Im making a windows app that I need to just call a webpage (actually an PHP file) and load the results in an array. so it would need to load like "example.com/myfile.php?d=33" and save the results in an array. Im guessing ill need to open a socket to "example.com" port 80, and mimic a html "get file" command, but Im not sure. anybody? - jeremiah inlovewithGod.com

Advertisement
Lewis Napper, in his book "Winsock 2" describes how to do a GET request over the http protocol. You can get the sample source from the book from his website, which includes the code to download a webpage.

.Net has a very nice interface (as long as you stick to what it was designed for) to do web requests. I can download files from the Internet in a few lines of code.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Look up the "curl" library

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!