Strange Artifacts

Started by
8 comments, last by Lithic 20 years, 1 month ago
I'm getting some wierd artifacts in my character editor... wondering if anybody knows whats wrong. The artifacts look like 2 pixel wide vertical white lines and other white disturbances. It seems like it is related to other nearby faces (culling hidden tris reduces the effect), almost as if the textured surface behind the displayed surface is interfering with the one in front. EDIT: Screenshot is now up. Thanks. --===LITHIC===-- --===WWW.Decimation.TK===-- [edited by - Lithic on March 4, 2004 12:18:46 AM]
Advertisement
Finally, someone else from Ohio
Anyway, if you send it to me I can put it on my web site until you get yours up. Just send it to jamesd@arielproductions.net

-UltimaX-
Ariel Productions

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
Looks like a texture blending problem, though im no 3d expert, are you using multiple textures? i used to get that artifact a lot on my old computer, an old 3d card... must not have supported much in the way of texture blending... i dunno... my wto cents :-D
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Nevermind it''s up now

-UltimaX-
Ariel Productions

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"
There may be some Z-fighting. But it could be a texture problem as Ademan555 said.
And the rockets' red glare, the bombs bursting in air,gave proof through the fight that our flag was still there.Oh say, does that star-spangled banner yet waveover the land of the free and the home of the brave?
Nope, just a test with one texture. And i'm doing my (current) testing on a ATI 9800 pro 3.2 Ghz comp. The texture loads fine as well. I do have some other textures. I think you may be right about the Z fighting -- that was my first thought though i have no idea why its happening or how to solve it.

--===LITHIC===--
--===WWW.Decimation.TK===--

[edited by - Lithic on March 5, 2004 1:20:25 AM]
What API are you using? Because i GUESS its possible that if your using a low precision z buffer and its scaled real smal, it COULD create some problems, i dunno, im jsut throwin it out... maybe one will be it... who knows? lol
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
If your using openGL make sure the near plane is not below 1.0.
Thanks. The nearplane is below 1.0 -- oops =p
Ever thought, your card is broken?

The artifacts look like those from a bad softpatched Ati 9500.

If so, I''m very sorry.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement