• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

normalme

i seek a tutorial

This topic is 5367 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

in my models, i can get the shape that i want, i just use basic shapes and manipulate them and stick them all to eachother and then apply a smooth modifier and then a LOW RES modifier to the vertices so there isnt a great deal of vertices and that takes out the creases, and some times i repeat the the smoothing and lowres steps a few times and i get the shape i want uncreased and quite smooth looking over all, but i find when i apply a skeleton, the resulting verts of the model arent so "grid like alligned" anymore and bending the joints about half of the time comes out so awkward and blocky and pertrusive through the skin, meaning i dont anymore have enough of the vertices around the joints to make a clean crease in the kneee, hip elbow ect. is there any free material that helps with the idea of this problem?

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!