• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Importing X files coordinates are off

This topic is 5190 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

When I import a group of objects from an x file for use in my c++ program, sometimes the position coordinates are off. For example, I''ll import a simple sword, made out of 4 simple objects: a cylinder for the handle, a rectangle for the hilt, a rectangle for most of the blade, and a pyramid for the tip. Everything will import fine, except the tip will be a bit above the blade, with nothing in between. The actual shapes of the objects are fine. Anyone else have this problem or know what might be causing it? I use 3d max 5 for the modeling, conv3ds to make it an X file, and then import it using D3DXLoadMeshFromX. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
I would not use conv3ds, I have had problems with that in the past. Instead use a plugin for max, the best I have found is the one at www.pandasoft.demon.co.uk

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!