• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Attach Object...

This topic is 5104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How can i attach two objects together...i want to attach a door and windows with the door... how should i do it?

Advertisement
Is tis Open GL or NeHe specific?

You can create a pointer in Door that you will assign teh window address. Now the door has access (thus connected?) to the window. Vice-versa if necessary.

is OpenGL...
any example code?? im new in OpenGL...i want to attach a door and windows to the wall (sorry...not door)

Opengl doesn''t see objects, it sees polygons. If you want a door and window and wall, you need to draw and door and window and wall using polygons.

Well, first of all, translate to the point on which the doors/windows are connected to the walls,
then rotate (as that's probably what you want), then translate to the point the origin of the door/window should be and draw the door/window.

Am i clear?

[edited by - Tree Penguin on March 5, 2004 10:37:32 AM]

i know...i got a house, now just want to know how to attach a door and windows to the wall only...(i drawed door and windows as well)

Thanks~

sorry, i dun understand...what you suggestion is good but can i have some sample of code to refer??

Thanks alot =)

red=door/window origin, green=the point where the door/window is connected to the wall.

1. draw the wall

this is per moving object:

2. translate (move) to the connection point
3. rotate a certain amount (so the door/window is open, not closed)
4. translate the amount (door/window origin - connection point)
5. draw the door/window

• Advertisement