Attach Object...

Started by
6 comments, last by joshfly 20 years, 1 month ago
How can i attach two objects together...i want to attach a door and windows with the door... how should i do it?
Advertisement
Is tis Open GL or NeHe specific?

You can create a pointer in Door that you will assign teh window address. Now the door has access (thus connected?) to the window. Vice-versa if necessary.
is OpenGL...
any example code?? im new in OpenGL...i want to attach a door and windows to the wall (sorry...not door)
Opengl doesn''t see objects, it sees polygons. If you want a door and window and wall, you need to draw and door and window and wall using polygons.
Well, first of all, translate to the point on which the doors/windows are connected to the walls,
then rotate (as that's probably what you want), then translate to the point the origin of the door/window should be and draw the door/window.

Am i clear?

[edited by - Tree Penguin on March 5, 2004 10:37:32 AM]
i know...i got a house, now just want to know how to attach a door and windows to the wall only...(i drawed door and windows as well)

Thanks~
sorry, i dun understand...what you suggestion is good but can i have some sample of code to refer??

Thanks alot =)

red=door/window origin, green=the point where the door/window is connected to the wall.

1. draw the wall

this is per moving object:

2. translate (move) to the connection point
3. rotate a certain amount (so the door/window is open, not closed)
4. translate the amount (door/window origin - connection point)
5. draw the door/window

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement