• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimiwa

.net game programming in Direct X

This topic is 5193 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to do 2d game programming in DirectX using Visual c++ .net or Visual c# .net (not Visual Basic .net) I have bought quite a few books in the past but none of them helped me to understand how to get a directx program to run correctly in .net I was disappointed when I bought the book C# and Game Programming by Salvatore A. Buono because it didn''t cover directx. And all the old books I have on directx don''t tell me enough to get a fully functioning program in .net Where do I turn for help? I''m not a beginner programmer. I''ve programmed simple games in java and I know C++ and to some extent C#, so I think I could handle directx but I''d need some clear explanations. The articles on this (www.gamedev.net ) web site on directx have not helped me compile a functioning program.

Advertisement
Gamedev.net doesn''t seem to have a coding forum dedicated to Managed DirectX and .Net programming, so I''ve just put one up over at my site for the project I''m working on. I''m quite keen to get some discussion going there, because I am also wading through a whole bunch of issues trying to get some game-related stuff going using C# and DirectX 9, and having a few people to discuss it with would be great. The url is http://tangle.thomson.id.au/forum.

Did you look at book by Tom Miller: "Managed DirectX® 9 Kick Start: Graphics and Game Programming"? Very good book, covers only Managed DirectX...
What you only need to do is install DirectX SDK, and put DirectX references to your form.. That`s all... You can also use #using directives to avoid typying Microsoft.DirectX.* stuff...

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!