• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unable to use bilinear filtering & render to texture

This topic is 5104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My application renders a mesh in two different textures. After this, it renders a quad which covers the whole screen, textured with the two previously rendered textures mixed together. All works fine and dandy except that when I render the quad, the textures seem locked to the D3DTEXF_POINT magnification filter. I''ve tried to set it to use the D3DTEXF_LINEAR filter instead but it doesn''t work. However, when I use a standard texture (loaded from a file, not one I''ve just rendered), it''s properly magnified with the D3DTEXF_LINEAR filter. The video card is a Quadro2MXR/EX with 43.45 detonators installed. The same problem occurs on a S3 based PC. Anyone has already experienced the same issue ?

Advertisement
What type of textures are you rendering to? Some texture types don''t support all of the filtering flags. Make sure that when you create the textures you want to render to, that they use a "normal" format. Something like D3DFMT_A8B8R8G8 or D3DFMT_X8B8R8G8 should be fine.

neneboricua

quote:
Original post by neneboricua19
What type of textures are you rendering to? Some texture types don''t support all of the filtering flags.

The textures format is the same as the backbuffer one (D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8 in this case).

• Advertisement