registering mouse clicks via keyboard

Started by
8 comments, last by yoho 20 years, 1 month ago
Used C code to plot vertices for primitives, ie lines, rectangles. Joined primitives using glBegin(GL_LINES) etc of opengl. Can display primitives in sequence and reverse with mouse clicks but would like to display primitives sequentially and randomly via the keyboard ''s'' and ''r'' keys respectively. Can select s and r keyboard presses in keyboard process function but can''t figure out how to send the mouse clicks via the keys selected. I know that keyboard and mouse process functions both have mouse-x and mouse-y coordinates as arguments but I can''t figure out a solution. Any help appreciated. -Y
Advertisement
From the winuser.h file
Read the top lines

/* * Virtual Keys, Standard Set */#define VK_LBUTTON        0x01#define VK_RBUTTON        0x02#define VK_CANCEL         0x03#define VK_MBUTTON        0x04    /* NOT contiguous with L & RBUTTON */#define VK_BACK           0x08#define VK_TAB            0x09#define VK_CLEAR          0x0C#define VK_RETURN         0x0D#define VK_SHIFT          0x10#define VK_CONTROL        0x11#define VK_MENU           0x12#define VK_PAUSE          0x13#define VK_CAPITAL        0x14#define VK_KANA           0x15#define VK_HANGEUL        0x15  /* old name - should be here for compatibility */#define VK_HANGUL         0x15#define VK_JUNJA          0x17#define VK_FINAL          0x18#define VK_HANJA          0x19#define VK_KANJI          0x19#define VK_ESCAPE         0x1B#define VK_CONVERT        0x1C#define VK_NONCONVERT     0x1D#define VK_ACCEPT         0x1E#define VK_MODECHANGE     0x1F#define VK_SPACE          0x20#define VK_PRIOR          0x21#define VK_NEXT           0x22#define VK_END            0x23#define VK_HOME           0x24#define VK_LEFT           0x25#define VK_UP             0x26#define VK_RIGHT          0x27#define VK_DOWN           0x28#define VK_SELECT         0x29#define VK_PRINT          0x2A#define VK_EXECUTE        0x2B#define VK_SNAPSHOT       0x2C#define VK_INSERT         0x2D#define VK_DELETE         0x2E#define VK_HELP           0x2F/* VK_0 thru VK_9 are the same as ASCII ''0'' thru ''9'' (0x30 - 0x39) *//* VK_A thru VK_Z are the same as ASCII ''A'' thru ''Z'' (0x41 - 0x5A) */#define VK_LWIN           0x5B#define VK_RWIN           0x5C#define VK_APPS           0x5D#define VK_NUMPAD0        0x60#define VK_NUMPAD1        0x61#define VK_NUMPAD2        0x62#define VK_NUMPAD3        0x63#define VK_NUMPAD4        0x64#define VK_NUMPAD5        0x65#define VK_NUMPAD6        0x66#define VK_NUMPAD7        0x67#define VK_NUMPAD8        0x68#define VK_NUMPAD9        0x69#define VK_MULTIPLY       0x6A#define VK_ADD            0x6B#define VK_SEPARATOR      0x6C#define VK_SUBTRACT       0x6D#define VK_DECIMAL        0x6E#define VK_DIVIDE         0x6F#define VK_F1             0x70#define VK_F2             0x71#define VK_F3             0x72#define VK_F4             0x73#define VK_F5             0x74#define VK_F6             0x75#define VK_F7             0x76#define VK_F8             0x77#define VK_F9             0x78#define VK_F10            0x79#define VK_F11            0x7A#define VK_F12            0x7B#define VK_F13            0x7C#define VK_F14            0x7D#define VK_F15            0x7E#define VK_F16            0x7F#define VK_F17            0x80#define VK_F18            0x81#define VK_F19            0x82#define VK_F20            0x83#define VK_F21            0x84#define VK_F22            0x85#define VK_F23            0x86#define VK_F24            0x87#define VK_NUMLOCK        0x90#define VK_SCROLL         0x91/* * VK_L* & VK_R* - left and right Alt, Ctrl and Shift virtual keys. * Used only as parameters to GetAsyncKeyState() and GetKeyState(). * No other API or message will distinguish left and right keys in this way. */#define VK_LSHIFT         0xA0#define VK_RSHIFT         0xA1#define VK_LCONTROL       0xA2#define VK_RCONTROL       0xA3#define VK_LMENU          0xA4#define VK_RMENU          0xA5#if(WINVER >= 0x0400)#define VK_PROCESSKEY     0xE5#endif /* WINVER >= 0x0400 */#define VK_ATTN           0xF6#define VK_CRSEL          0xF7#define VK_EXSEL          0xF8#define VK_EREOF          0xF9#define VK_PLAY           0xFA#define VK_ZOOM           0xFB#define VK_NONAME         0xFC#define VK_PA1            0xFD#define VK_OEM_CLEAR      0xFE

---------------------------------
For an overdose of l33tness, flashbang.nu
Thanks for your post. Don''t understand your code. Mine was written in C using Visual C++ 6.0. Here is a bit of my code:

void keyBoardProcess(unsigned char key, int mouseX, int mouseY)
{
GLint x = mouseX;

GLint y = 1000 - mouseY;

int counter = 0;

switch(key) {

case ''e'': case ''E'':

exit(-1);

break;

case ''r'':

createGLUTMenus();

break;

case ''s'':

glutMouseFunc(mouseProcess);

counter++;

sequential(counter);

prev_Scene(counter);

counter--;

break;

default:

break;

}
}
quote:Original post by yoho
Thanks for your post. Don't understand your code. Mine was written in C using Visual C++ 6.0. Here is a bit of my code:

void keyBoardProcess(unsigned char key, int mouseX, int mouseY)
{
}

It's not his code. Go to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include and open the winuser.h file. Overlord was refering to the VK_LBUTTON, VK_RBUTTON, and VK_MBUTTON definitions.

VK_LBUTTON = Left Mouse Button
VK_RBUTTON = Right Mouse Button
VK_MBUTTON = Middle Mouse Button

-UltimaX-
Ariel Productions

"You wished for a white christmas... Now go shovel your wishes!"

[edited by - UltimaX on March 5, 2004 8:50:02 PM]
Thanks for the explanation. How can I apply those button definitions to display my primitives by pressing r or s keys of keyboard then clicking the mouse?

-Y
I hope you realize that if you use anything from winuser.h, your program will be Windows-specific (shame on you, lc_overlord, for just assuming Windows).
I''m not using Windows code just C with opengl.

-Y
quote:Original post by merlin9x9
I hope you realize that if you use anything from winuser.h, your program will be Windows-specific (shame on you, lc_overlord, for just assuming Windows).

I know, but the for the lack of a better more unified way of doing these thing''s in, i allways assume windows, since most users use it.

Personaly i try to write my code non OS specific, save for the display init code and keyboard/mouse handeling, but those are contained inside one file so it is easy to port.

But if anone(or will i have to) creates a project called OpenSL(open system layer) that contain''s all these things we need, i''ll be the first one to switch to that system(and if you think SDL, then think again).

Yoho:
How do you read your keys?
What os(or API) are you using?

---------------------------------
For an overdose of l33tness, flashbang.nu
Using GLUT callback functions. glutKeyboardFunc() for keyboard and glutMouseFunc for mouse.

processKeyboard(unsigned char key, int x, int y)
{

switch(key) {

case 'r': // if press key r

random(r, 0); // random() needs an integer also.

break;

case 's':

sequential(s, 0); // for sequential mode

break;

}

}
// trying to select between random and sequential mode. Key r or key s should be pressed to select random or sequential mode before mouse clicks. let mouse clicks call random func and send 1 for Scene1, 2 for Scene2 etc. mouse will have to send a char also as required by random().

random(char pass, int data)
{
char k = pass;

if(k == r) {

// idea is if got r from keyboard, enter switch. but char from mouse will change pass and k and deny access to switch. if mouse click sends r keyboard can be bypassed.

switch(data) {

case 1:

drawScene(Scene1); // Scene1 global variable

case 2:

drawScene(Scene2);

}

}
}

-Y

[edited by - yoho on March 7, 2004 10:50:43 AM]

[edited by - yoho on March 7, 2004 10:52:47 AM]

[edited by - yoho on March 7, 2004 10:54:58 AM]
Found the answer by placing glutMouseFunc() under the keyboard''s ''s'' key for sequential and under the Keyboard''s ''r'' key for random. glutMouseFunc() was therefore removed from function main(). This placed the mouse process function under the control of the keyboard ''s'' and ''r'' keys.

-Y

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement