• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VBSmiles

Lost with meshes

This topic is 5373 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

vb6,dx8, Im starting to get into loading meshes and up to this point have had no problems doing so.am also able to spin an object, or the view without problems. the problem is controling each mesh on its own. In my program I have an InitGeometry() that loads up the meshes Then within the loop is where I identify the world, view and projection matrix and control the rotation view, and such. First, I don''t exactly know how the meshes are introduced to those calls, maybe done internally? I don''t know... just feel at this point I am lost. Hope someone can help

Advertisement
The projection matrix tells how to set the FOV and the far and near clipping planes.
The view matrix tells where the "camera" is and what direction it faces.
The world matrix tells where to put the model you are rendering and how it is oriented. For each model, you set the world matrix before drawing the model, so that the model is drawn in the right place.

Somewhere internally, the matrixes are multiplied together to give a matrix that transforms a vertex''s position to a location on the screen.

Yeah, I kind of understand that. but what do you mean before drawing the mesh exactly? Before loading it into a D3DXMesh

I''ve tryed for example to temporaraly putting the code that goes in the initgeometry into the main loop to load one object, then do the matrix math, then loading another mesh and doing the same... that didn''t seem to do it only showed both meshes spinning.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!