• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevC++ and OpenGL

This topic is 5097 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don''t know if it''s supposed to be this way or not, but appearantly DevC++4 (I mean it''s compiler) requires windows.h to be included when you want to use OpenGL, otherwise it gives an error if you include gl/gl.h. Is this also so in MSVC?

Advertisement
I would not think you would need "windows.h" unless you are utilizing one of its functions, maybe wgl or creating a window to house the rendering area. If you use something like SDL then it should not require you to have windows.h in Dev-C++ or Visual C++.

As far as I know, before including opengl.h, you always need to have windows.h included because it needs the definitions in there. I don''t know about OpenGL on other plattforms, but all the Win32 implementations I know require that.

Uhm, if you include GLUT, it includes it for you. SDL includes it for you. Any way you do it, it should be include unless you are not going to make a window, in which case you don''t need OpenGL.

• Advertisement