• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Writing DLL ??

This topic is 5190 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi ya friends i am new to this forum and this is my first post. Actually i am intrested in topics related to system security and hacking .I have just began reading about it .I am also an engeering student (1st yr) .The problem i am facing is DLL i dont''t have any clear understanding about it an i think i must know what it is and how do we write and use DLL. ..YA i know little about it -(Dynamic Link Library ..called during the execution ...)Can somwone suggest me anything in this regard

Advertisement
Hi!

There are two ways of using .DLLs

- load-time dynamic linking
The DLL is loaded automatically and you only need to call its function exports.
If you want to write this kind of .DLL yourself, take a look at __declspec(dllimport) / __declspec(dllexport) in the MSDN.

- run-time dynamic linking
You have to load the .DLL yourself. Take a look at LoadLibrary(), GetProcAddress() in the MSDN.
If you want to write this kind of .DLL yourself it would be wise to include a .DEF file in your project where you declare the exports.

pink panther

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!