• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Microphone Thread

This topic is 5098 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just trying to get some opinions here. First off, this is not a "whats the best microphone?" kinda topic, there is no "best microphone". I just want to hear what kind of mics people use most often and for what. I''ll see if I can split into some categories here: Best Experiences I''ve had: Vocal Mics: Female - Rode NT2 Male - AKG C414 Guitar Amps: SM57 Others: Drum Overheads - Neumann KM184 So, list em off and say why you like em.

Advertisement
I began with a bunch of cheap ones my dad had lying around the house (He''s one of those hardware buff''s with dozens of bits and pieces ). The first was a typically shaped mic (Long and thin, oh er), but of poor quality - though naturally I didn''t know then. I then get a much smaller one, yet of better quality. At that time I was just using Goldwave and acting out roles for a StarCraft campaign of mine.
Over the years, I played about with Cool Edit and Sound Forge and, finally, I decided to get a Shure SM58 since I was quite serious into voice acting, or at least getting my recordings to sound greater. So I got that and found the jacks to let me plug it into my PC up until today. I''ve heard a very many people - especially here - always recommending even more expensive mic''s and amplifiers, but I''m very happy with my SM58.

• Advertisement