OGL .Net problems

Started by
2 comments, last by skullfire 20 years, 1 month ago
Well, i installed .net on my pc, and I''m trying to port the engine I have on Dev c++ to Visual C++ 7(.Net). Now, I made a new Win32 project, a blank project btw, and then added all the files I had into the project. Once I did that, and fixed some errors, I received, when compiling, 517 lines of errors. all of them come from the gl\gl.h header which i just figured doesn''t recognize WINGDIAPI, basically a macro inside this header. I go like "wtf!", so I decided to put, before every include of the gl header, #include <windows.h> ... this solved the hundreds of error problems, but: 1) Isnt there any way I could just include gl/gl.h without having to put windows.h EVERYTIME? shouldn''t the header precompile only once? 2) Im still having some errors: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinDef.h(143): warning C4114: same type qualifier used more than once c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinDef.h(143): error C2632: ''char'' followed by ''char'' is illegal c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\PlatformSDK\Include\WinDef.h(143): warning C4091: ''typedef '' : ignored on left of ''unsigned char'' when no variable is declared If anyone can help me, I''d really apreciate it.
Advertisement
weird, I have to put this windows.h in devc++ everytime to use gl/gl.h!
Please... I need to solve this... i dont mean to bump, but..can any1 help out?
the offending line is:
typedef unsigned char BYTE;

BYTE is probably #define''d to char somewhere before #include <windows.h>.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement