• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darc

Going from VB to C++

This topic is 5281 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know a large amount of Visual Basic/.NET and basic knowledge of C++ but I don''t know how to do Controls in C++. I''m not asking for a specific explaination of anything, but I just want to know of any good tutorials that can help me out. One thing I would like to know though, is what is "MFC"?

Advertisement
MFC is the old way to do Win32 with C++. If you already know VB.Net, then learning the Windows part of C++.Net should be very easy. They all share the same framework. You should look for a C++ tutorial instead.

no no, I don''t want to learn C++ .NET, I want to learn the old Win32 C++ because I want to use DirectX 8.0 (9.0 is too much of a hassle)

heh, for the programmer its more of a hassle, but for the user it''s a real pain and I have yet to find a good silent installer. In any case, I like Unmanaged C++ more anyways... still waiting for some Windows Help here (this is for the Mod Editor part of the game btw)

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!