• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Going from VB to C++

This topic is 5101 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know a large amount of Visual Basic/.NET and basic knowledge of C++ but I don''t know how to do Controls in C++. I''m not asking for a specific explaination of anything, but I just want to know of any good tutorials that can help me out. One thing I would like to know though, is what is "MFC"?

Advertisement
MFC is the old way to do Win32 with C++. If you already know VB.Net, then learning the Windows part of C++.Net should be very easy. They all share the same framework. You should look for a C++ tutorial instead.

no no, I don''t want to learn C++ .NET, I want to learn the old Win32 C++ because I want to use DirectX 8.0 (9.0 is too much of a hassle)

Too much of a hassle? It''s easier than DX8, at least the managed portion of DX9 is.

heh, for the programmer its more of a hassle, but for the user it''s a real pain and I have yet to find a good silent installer. In any case, I like Unmanaged C++ more anyways... still waiting for some Windows Help here (this is for the Mod Editor part of the game btw)

• Advertisement