does anybody else here have successfully play ogg?

Started by
3 comments, last by alnite 20 years, 1 month ago
using VC6? I can''t even get the ov_open() right. I passed the right parameters, and that function seems to be attempting writing to some invalid memory address. As a result, I got an access violation exception. I can''t do anything else since the error occurs in ov_open(). I asked this in the ogg-vorbis mailing list and so far haven''t got the correct answer. It seems like, there is a bug in the library, but if there is, how come other programs can play it? and I can''t even open it! I am lost.
Advertisement
You did allocate the OggVorbis_File* structure on the stack/heap right? As well as fopen-ed a File* right?
no, he is right. IIRC, you need the static ogg libraries, a lot of people have had this problem, including me. it was a while ago though, i can''t remember if thats how i fixed it or not. its definitely fiddling with the ogg libraries or C++ runtimes.
As was hinted at, make sure you''re using the same C runtime as the Ogg and Vorbis libraries (the multithreaded ones) or linking to them statically. That is an extremely common problem run into with MSVC.

Also, if you''re using the function that takes a FILE pointer, make sure you''re passing a file that was opened in binary mode (which is not the default in Windows but is the default almost everywhere else, so not every example makes sure to do that).

Yes, I have set it to Multithreaded. FILE in binary mode. billybob has the best solution, use the static library. thanks!

yay! my streaming ogg player is now working!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement