• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ichiban_addict

3d Tools

This topic is 5191 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I finished reading the tutorial on making 3d Tools with MFC at gamedev(http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/3dmfc/default.asp) And it''s awsome, I''ve got a window up and running with a control pannel and a the view ports the way I want them for my app. My control panel is a form view like in the tutorial, but instead of the drop down list I want 3 boxes where you can type in XYZ coordinates for a point...I kind of have it working, basically I used the edit control tool and made 3 boxes and added control member variables to them of the type float, but its weird, It doesnt seem to let me have negative values for floats...also since my drawing is in a separate class derived from CView should i just create global XYZ variables and make the globals equal the member variables of the edit boxes? how can i get negative values for the floats?...Do you guys think I should use edit controls for this kind of thing, what kind of input boxes on the control pannel would work best for this type of task? also i just want to type in the point then display a sphere around the point in the draw section. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!