TIC Radiant Editor ( the tool for future game developers)

Started by
-1 comments, last by Basiror 20 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I proudly want to annouce the start of a new project. Me and maybe some mates are going to modify Q3 Radiant editor in order to add some new and really necessary features. The editor will be ready for download on our homepage once the first beta is done. Here is a list of key features: - terrain meshes( ala CoD Radiant) + 4 layer terrain meshes ( multipass or blended by a shader) + smooth normals + disabling of individual faces - binary output + binary arrays (read in and render) /* no more reading of ugly planedefs, simply read texture & vertices & uv coords... */ + caulk removal + world polygons and entities sorted for octree rendering (optional) - custom texture filters via txt file - portal system + create your own portals for indoor areas by hand - brushes, patch meshes, curved surfaces, simple polygon creation & editing - skydome & other athmospheric properties(clounds rain...) - volumetric fog in the editor - coast lines /* create coastlines for beaches to render waves ... */ These are the key features we plan to integrate. Our motivation is to update this excellent editor to full fill the requirements of modern level editing. Good tools speed up the level design process considerably and thus the companies save a lot of money, which is well spend in other areas of the project. We are still in the process to get a few things sorted like organizing webspace, domains, just getting our online representation done. The first Beta release can be expected within the next 2 months, probably earlier. One last I d like to ask you for is some feed back on our ideas and plans. E.g.: whether you d like to work with such a editor, or some suggestions .... Thx in advance Your TIC Radiant team [edited by - Basiror on March 7, 2004 6:40:12 AM]
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement