server side compilation

Started by
3 comments, last by batman2004 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi I posted on here a while ago with my ideas for a new interactive OpenGL tutorial where users can edit code on the site, submit it to the server, where it will be compiled, run and have a jpeg made from the new window. (like a screen shot) Is this possible. I am struggling to get my head around the whole remote compiling on a server - i.e. how i would go about it. This will form the interactive part of www.opengltutorial.co.uk (current live site is very basic!) Many thanks for any help
Advertisement
Use an interpreted language, such as Python. Alternatively, PHP and JSP hook in with Java quite nicely.
[teamonkey] [blog] [tinyminions]
Don''t know exactly about that, but there are a number of sites where you can submit file(s) for compilation & get a binary returned (presuably you could use GCC & retarget to the required platform), eg www.djgpp.com (I think this is the address...), and I bumped into another one the other day (I forgot it''s address though...) for a C++ compiler (if anyone can think of it''s name, its an add on compiler that does C++ -> C with a seperate C compiler & I think it was mentioned in a recent thread)
Maybe www.comeaucomputing.com was that C++ compiler?
yes - that was the one I was thinking of

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement