Updating SDK

Started by
3 comments, last by gregs 20 years, 1 month ago
At the end of this month, I may have some more free time to work on the Nehe SDK. What additions would you like, or should I just not bother?
Advertisement
Although I did not look real close at it, it appears to be windows only. Why not add GLX and SDL windowing support? I''m working on something similar for the games I''m working on. In between work and development, I may be able to help with it. And what about turning it into something more than just a graphics lib? Would volunteers consider contributing audio code to it?

With community help it could turn into something much more. That''s just my two cents.
Please do continue, I would like to see the documents out side of the source code. It works, but it is hard to follow when it is placed in this way. The SDK is a great idea. I think you did some really nice work there. \
Mikel

Whoops, There it is again.
Whoops, There it is again.
The next version of The SDK should work with Windows(most compilers), Linux, Mac OS X(Carbon) and WinCE (Pocket PC 2002 Standard). All this without using the SDL

I''ve been looking into audio code, but the SDK has a very liberal license which I don''t want to dilute with anything GPL-like.

The next version will also have a pair of APIs, a low-level class structure, and a high-level C API to simplify coding for people who don''t get on with messing with classes. I intend there to be PDF guides for both.

Any other requests?
Without SDL works even better! As far as audio, check out OpenAL...free for non and commercial use. Beyound that I really can''t think of anything else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement