15 comments, last by SilverScreen 20 years, 1 month ago
quote:Original post by DevLiquidKnight
irrlicht.sourceforge.net

Forgot the T in the URL: irrlicht.sourceforge.net

Tadd
- WarbleWare
Tadd- WarbleWare
Advertisement
The Irrlicht engine looks nice. And it''s 100% free. Wow! Looks almost as good as Torque.
Torque is C++.

The irrlicht engine has a promsing future, but it''s visual quality and rendering speed are VERY suspect.
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Hey, while we''re pimping 3D engines, Destiny3D is good too.
Assassin, aka RedBeard. andyc.org
Destiny3D, the engine which promise much and delivered nothing?
---------------------http://www.stodge.net
Destiny3D doesn't look like the kind of engine I need. My game is mainly indoors with some outside scenes as well. I'm downloading the irrlicht engine SDK and see what it has to offer.

[edited by - SilverScreen on March 8, 2004 10:44:38 PM]
I have been using TGE (Torque Game Engine) for about 2 years now as well as involved in the GG (GarageGames) community. The engine is OGL based with a DX wrapper (as mentioned in a previous post).

quote:
The Torque Game Engine started life as the technology behind Dynamix/Sierra/Vivendi´s products Tribes, Starsiege, and Tribes 2, and is an industry proven engine. It is currently being used by thousands of developers around the world with shipping titles such as Marble Blast, Orbz, Think Tanks, Tennis Critters, and the upcoming mecha game, Lore

Why Buy The Torque??

Here are just a few reasons...

Educational: One of the best ways to learn programming is to read code written by other developers. And if you are going to read code you might was well have fun and read game code and learn a few tricks in the process.

Resume Building: MOD and/or modify the engine to show off your skills to future employers.

MOD Makers: How many times have you got stuck trying to MOD other engines because it did not support feature X? Now you have the source and can easily add that feature yourself and truly differentiate your MOD from the rest.

To Make Great Games! That´s what we all live for, so do it. This is an unprecedented opportunity to build your game using an industry proven game engine that rocks! Check out how others using the Torque Game Engine feel about its quality in our Testimonials section.

Testimonials

Mike Nelson, 21-6 Productions "The engine itself is a marvel of achievement and power (especially the net-code -- very impressive.) With the support of GarageGames via the ever growing documentation and forums it´s more than possible to take control of the engine itself to make it do what you need."

Phil Carlisle, Sr. Programmer, TEAM17 "One of the prime questions you should ask yourself when considering an engine for your project is "Has this ever actually been used to make a game?". Torque has and in doing so it has proven itself as one of the most flexible engines ever created."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement