Jump to content
  • Advertisement


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


drawing 3d

This topic is 5365 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hello I am drawing two 3D objects with opengl one is big and one is small. I want the small object to be always displayed even if the big object is in front of him and blocking is view! How can I do it? Maybe changing the big object to be in the background some how? I have no idea. Please help! Adi

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
no, dont disable the depth test because then the drawing of your smaller model will be all jacked up

draw the large model
CLEAR the depth buffer
then draw the small model

"A soldier is a part of the 1% of the population that keeps the other 99% free" - Lt. Colonel Todd, 1/38th Infantry, Ft. Benning, GA

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!