• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[java] Who is/working on java certification?

This topic is 6363 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

how many of you have taken/planning to the test for java certification? right now I am studying for the first sun test. if you have how was the test?

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
AS a matter of fact i am working on the cert. right now.
due to the fact that the company i work for is starting to make a big move to java and the fact that the team i am on is using websphere studio.

I''m working towards being a Sun Certified Java 2 Programmer at the moment, as I''ve been working with java fulltime for the last year. I should be taking it at the end of the month as I''m currently up to 65% in the mocks.

For those who don''t know what it''s all about, it''s a multiple choice questionaire with 59 questions and two hours to answer them in. You have to get 72% or above to pass. The conditions under which you take it, are individual cubicles with a computer terminal and a security camera(!) to check u don''t cheat.

The exam is incredibly difficult (I know a developer who worked with Java fulltime for 3 years, as well as working on porting JDKs to other OSs and still failed the exam).

To pass you need a very detailed knowledge of the syntax, operator precidency, legal constructs and the core java packages.

Good Luck to anyone else taking it!

Guest Anonymous Poster
Why not the visual age for java test to while your at it

• Advertisement