Commander Keen

Started by
28 comments, last by Jeeo 20 years, 1 month ago
Hey, does any one know what language Commander Keen was written by? Commander Keen or Duke Nukem, either''s good. Thanks
Jeeo. Jeeo Ruunns.
Advertisement
not to be rude, but why does it matter?
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
thats just a pointless question hey
Just a guess, but I''d say a combination of C and assembly. That''s basically what id software has worked in right through Quake 3.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
What the hell? Why can''t he/she know what language it was written in. It may be pointles to you, but who cares. If you don''t know the answer, don''t post just to post.
The ability to succeed is the ability to adapt
quote:Original post by Promit
Just a guess, but I''d say a combination of C and assembly. That''s basically what id software has worked in right through Quake 3.

ID didn''t make Commander Keen or Duke Nukem. They were made by 3D Realms.
quote:Original post by Mr_Ridd
What the hell? Why can''t he/she know what language it was written in. It may be pointles to you, but who cares. If you don''t know the answer, don''t post just to post.

i was curious why the OP wanted to know, that''s all. i didn''t flame or anything (notice the "not to be rude" part?)... hell, i didn''t even say it was pointless... sheesh!
--- krez ([email="krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net"]krez_AT_optonline_DOT_net[/email])
quote:
ID didn't make Commander Keen or Duke Nukem. They were made by 3D Realms.

ID did make Commander Keen, but you're right about 3D Realms making Duke Nukem. Oh and I agree with Promit, Commander Keen will have been writen in C and ASM.

[edited by - Monder on March 18, 2004 6:15:11 AM]
OH... Great games !!! aren''t they ?!

Not sure about this but it might be C and Assembly (optimization and graphic code)
quote:Original post by yspotua
quote:Original post by Promit

ID didn''t make Commander Keen or Duke Nukem. They were made by 3D Realms.

Commander Keen was created by John Carmack, Adrian Carmack, John Romero, and someone-else-I-don''t-remember-although-he-is-famous-too when they were working at Softdisk.

Muhammad Haggag
Bitwise account: MHaggag -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement