Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MojoHammer

IGD News

At the risk of shooting myself in the foot, I am pre-announcing IGD News, an eight page monthly downloadable PDF zine for the independent gaming community. Hopefully in the not so distant future to also be a snail-mail newsletter, if interest develops. IGD News will have the following - Independent game reviews from your favorite game sites for those of you who are not able to regulary check some of your favorite review sites. Feature Articles dealing with issues important to the independent game community. Autopsies of the independent game development process from community members. Profiles of community members, companies and websites. Review of affordable tools for affordable game development. As well as some other planned features. Hopefully, IGD News will complement your web browsing similar to how other newsletters/newspapers/magazines complement your day to day lives. Anyway I just put up the website (Yes it looks bad and I am looking for paid help to redo it once I have content finalized) and am working on the layout of the first issue which is due out April 15, 2004. On the first issue, I have free advertising space and will probably continue being free until I build up subscribership. Speaking subscribing, I am giving away a 64MB USB memory stick to one of the first hundred subscribers and will have some more after that well as an NVIDIA video card. If any developers want to offer some free games down the road, will like to continue the offerings. Oh yea, one of the elements I would like to offer is the "flash download" where a game developer offers a discounted game to subscribers. Am still working the economics on this focus. So welcome one, welcome all and please excuse the mess. All comments are welcome if they are supportive. Thanks, Mojohammer editor@igdnews.com [URL=http://www.igdnews.com]WWW.IGDNEWS.COM[/URL] PS.. will be out at GDC on Thursay if you want to talk. Give me an email. [edited by - MojoHammer on March 17, 2004 12:38:58 AM]

Dear Mojo,

Hi! ^_^ If you are interested, my
company can do website design
from a basic site to a complex
site with PHP programming and
mySQL database backend. Please visit
our site for a peek at our
portfolio (unfortunately,
we do not have a completed website
portfolio yet). I tried e-mailing
you but the mail bounced. You can
e-mail us at info at Sherman3D.com

Thank you. ^_^

Sherman3D (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd
www.Sherman3D.com
chat.Sherman3D.com
forum.Sherman3D.com
www.VibeForce.com

Thanks Sherman have sent an email.

Updated news..first issue is still coming on the 15th.

WEBSITE UPDATE
Going with php-Nuke as the foundation for the revamped site.

MOBILE GAMING
Have added a section for independent mobile gaming.

GAME RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENTS
Also added a form for submitting recently released games to be listed in the newsletter, so if you have a recently released game head on over and drop me a line.

www.IGDNEWS.com

Thanks,
Mojo