Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tariq

anyone can tell me a free 3d engine using directx and vc++

i am developing a 3d game using directx and visual c++ .I need a free 3d engine to use.could you plz send me links to any 3d enfgine links where i could download the engine and documentation or anyone can help me to develop a game without using 3d engine.

Your not developing a game yet if you don''t have a 3D engine, well, unless you''ve done extensive design work.

I don''t know enough about any of the 3D engines to give you an opinion, sorry.

If you want to create your own then this board is great for specific questions but if you want to learn then got a book, there a a few to choose from for 3D programming.

Revolution3D
TrueVision3D
CrystalSpace
OGRE

Those are just the ones that come to mind right now. The list goes on and on.

i am reding a book of peter walsh Advanced 3D Game Programming Using DirectX 9.0 .could you tell me that i need the books prescribed by you or i shall carry on this book.
also tell me where i could get books as described by you.

TrueVision3D is an excellent engine that is being actively developed. I know you can use VC++ with it since I wrote the C++ tutorials for it.

could u plz tell me where i could get the TrueVision3d and is it free of cost or i need to buy that.

http://www.truevision3d.com/
Freeware License
# Watermark displayed at all times during rendering.
# Distribution of an unlimited number of free products.
# No fees can be charged for distribution or use of your products

Id recommend you to use irrlicht, which is cross-platform and most important open sourced.
irrlicht.sourceforge.net

[edited by - 41ph4_r4p70r on March 18, 2004 2:46:47 AM]

Neoengine is also free and open sourced.
It is a complete game engine ... not just graphics.
It does support opengl a well as d3d9 and can be imported as a Visual C++ project.
It can be linked statically and dynamically.

Neoengine.org

hi my name is qasim naeem roy and i m from lahore pakistan sir i m very please to know tht u r working on a game in pakistan thts my dream to start whole idustry in pakistan sir i have a engine name game studio but i have only the demo version if u want tht plz email me and i ll send u link from wher u can download it ok bye allah hafiz

i want to be the best 3d artist of world

Tariq, I had a similar problem with deciding on a game engine. I finally downloaded irrlicht. It''s open source, free, well documented and easy to use. It may not be the most powerful engine in the world but it''s pretty good nevertheless.

Alternately, I suppose you could pick-and-choose different components and stitch them together to create a game engine of your own. For ex, OGRE or SDL (with openGL) for graphics, FMOD for sound, etc, mixed with your own code to tie-up all the threads.

quote:
Original post by qasimroy
Hi my name is Qasim Naeem Roy and I''m from Lahore Pakistan, sir I''m very pleased to know that you are working on a game in Pakistan thats my dream to start an entire idustry in Pakistan. Sir I have a engine named "Game Studio but I have only the demo version, if you want that please email me and I''ll send you link from where you can download it. Ok bye, allah hafiz

I want to be the best 3d artist in the world.

Obviously english is not your first language.

quote:
Original post by monkey_32606
quote:
Original post by qasimroy
Hi my name is Qasim Naeem Roy and I''m from Lahore Pakistan, sir I''m very pleased to know that you are working on a game in Pakistan thats my dream to start an entire idustry in Pakistan. Sir I have a engine named "Game Studio but I have only the demo version, if you want that please email me and I''ll send you link from where you can download it. Ok bye, allah hafiz

I want to be the best 3d artist in the world.

Obviously english is not your first language.

Whatever happened to tolerance??