make wav files louder

Started by
2 comments, last by eedok 20 years, 1 month ago
Well I broke down and am now doing sound effects with my microphone and windows sound recorder, only problem is, I'm not very loud, and the increase volume option doesn't do a whole lot for making things louder, now is there a program(preferably free) that actually makes wav files louder? EDIT: might as well add my other question on here, you know how the lightsabre sound effect was done through hitting a wire and passing the mike through the wire, is there any sites which have examples of things like these and more? [edited by - eedok on March 18, 2004 2:09:07 AM]
Advertisement
I think you''re getting mixed up with the blaster sound - hitting a high tension wire with a hammer and recording it?

There are a few web pages with descriptions of how a particular effect has been achieved, but I''m not going to tell you where they are because you won''t learn anything.

Ben Burtt didn''t hit that high tension wire because he read to do so on a webpage. He hit it because he is a sound-loving weirdo.

Hit stuff. Record stuff. Learn stuff.
you can try Audacity it''s a great tool for creating sounds and it''s open source

hope that helps
Matt
Matt
quote:Original post by lemurion
you can try Audacity it's a great tool for creating sounds and it's open source

hope that helps
Matt

long live the amplify effect thanks for this one.

EDIT:

I found the page of effects

[edited by - eedok on March 18, 2004 12:26:35 PM]

[edited by - eedok on March 18, 2004 1:28:34 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement