any help?

Started by
1 comment, last by Johlen 20 years, 1 month ago
hello guys, I am new in VC++, and I am using Sams Teach yourself C++ in 21 days Book, I find these book complicated and with too many errors on its codes. I tried to call another dialog windows and this error occured. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\MyProjects\Dialogs\DialogsDlg.cpp(297) : error C2039: ''m_iOption'' : is not a member of ''CMsgDlg'' c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\myprojects\dialogs\msgdlg.h(13) : see declaration of ''CMsgDlg'' Error executing cl.exe. This is Day 5 on that book. Titled: "Getting User Feedback--Adding Dialog Boxes to Your Application". I am newbie so I just tried this book, but it gives me a lot of headache. Thanks for the help in advance
Dream, Belive, Survive
Advertisement
msdn.microsoft.com for the compiler codes, or install msdn locally.

The error speaks for itself, m_iOption isn''t declared in the header file (probably DialogsDlg.h), or the class it inherits from (if any). C++ is case sensitive, so it has to be dead right.

I would either skip ahead to the debug appendix (if the book has one), or re-read the chapters before, because you''ll going to be coming against that sort of thing often.
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
I just figured it out. m_iOption is a member of CMsgDlg, but! In my Class View. There TWO CMsgDlg. DialogsDlg is calling the clone which has no declaration, so, How Can I delete it? Or should I also put a declaration to the clone?
Dream, Belive, Survive

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement