FFT DSP Signal processing?

Started by
23 comments, last by Thread 20 years ago
Ok, you produce an FFT, from this you grab the fundamental frequency, and a sufficient number of harmonics. With this, you can compare it to another FFT result ( one that was previously calculated to be true. So, you record yourself saying "a", and take the FFT of that ). Since everytime you say the vowel will be different, a direct equals operation will not work, as there will be descrepencies in what is found. So, you want to have a threshold, and use fuzzy logic and decide what is the most likely thing it could be. What I'd look at is the spacing and number of harmonics found. The fundamental frequency I can't see being too important ( say, for instance, you got a girl to say something, it'd be a higher pitch, but the spacing of the harmonics, and the number of them will probably still be the same ). Of course, something like this would break instantly with a different accent. But hey, I don't write speech recognition stuff, I just did/am doing DSP in my degree.

You have to remember that you're unique, just like everybody else.

[edited by - python_regious on April 18, 2004 6:39:01 PM]
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.
Advertisement
hi,
well its not so simple to grab the fundamental frequencies of the wave with all the noise. i dont know which is noise and which is the fundamental frequency....
help!!!
thanks
hi,
well its not so simple to grab the fundamental frequencies of the wave with all the noise. how can i recognise which is the noise and which is the important freq''??
help!!
thanks
What you want to search for is "Linear Prediction Analysis"

Or use Hidden Markov Models to solve the problem

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement