Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FFT, DSP Signal processing?

This topic is 5015 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Erm - DSP quite distinctly stands for Digital Signal Processing. If you''re looking for tools to analyze analog signals, you''ll either need to convert them to a digital form first (sample them) or use appropriate hardware (some analog DSP board) in which case I personally cannot help you...

If you want to use someone else''s code, Google will most likely help you out, although I suggest finding a book, which would first explain the method to you and then provide you with the source code. To find a book that would contain what you''re looking for, go to a book store and browse through DSP books (preferably for beginners) - these usually explain things in quite some depth. You might also look for a book called A Scientist and Engineer''s Guide to DSP, which is available online for free (it''s ~600 pages; chapters 12-20 deal with everything you might be looking for).

"Finishing in second place, simply means you are the first loser." - PouyaCat

Crispy thanks,
i have found the online book
A Scientist and Engineer''s Guide to DSP, (For Free)
Downloading it all and now I am gone read the chapters
about DSP and FFT.
regards Thread,

If you''re going to be doing some serious coding, you may want to check out http://www.fftw.org/ as you''d be hard pressed to find faster FFT code. Hope it''s useful!

noah