Disable Ctrl-Alt-Delete & Alt-Tab

Started by
4 comments, last by jtmerchant 20 years, 1 month ago
Just curious, how do you disallow users from getting out of the window with these possibilities? I know that true hackers would just go around, but I want to do this to encourage players to enteract and ask questions of one another instead of going to some site where someone has spent a long time just collecting data. Now, this won''t stop people from using those sites, but still, it might stop someone from casually checking them, among other uses.
Advertisement
Control,Alt,Delete can only be disabled on Windows 9x, and dissabling Alt+Tab will just annoy people. If users want to view things like walktroughs it should be their responsibility.
what about disabling the windows key? thats annoying when yer in the middle of an action packed blastorama and you accidently hit the windows key and it drops to desktop.
i is 1337
Hmm... I guess I never really thought of it that way, twanvl... Oh well. I guess I won''t after all.
quote:Original post by SoDdit
what about disabling the windows key? thats annoying when yer in the middle of an action packed blastorama and you accidently hit the windows key and it drops to desktop.

I had the problem for FFXI I tore out the windows key because the game shut down when it was minimized (and its online so ARGH). Except for the visual disgustingness that is inside my keyboard I am better off

lol have a picture and instruction in the game on how to pry it off

[edited by - RyoxSinfar on March 18, 2004 11:41:53 AM]
There are ways to do this. I believe you have to edit the registry. I looked into doing this for a fullscreen kiosk application where we didn''t want users to be able to escape out of the application in any way. In the end it was simpler to use an existing utility such as securekeys.

http://www.softwaretoolbox.com/store/item_pages/itempage_751.asp

This isn''t really useful if you''re creating a game though. I''m sure if you search the net long enough you''ll find the info.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement