Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GamerSg

Compiling Paul Nettle's memory manager into a library?

I am trying to compile some engine code into a library and when i do not include the memory manager, it compiles fine and produces a lib file. However, when i inlude the memory manager files, it doesnt compile and gives me many (about 224)errors like these: e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\cstdlib(19): error C2039: ''calloc'' : is not a member of ''operator``global namespace'''''' e:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\include\new(76): error C2059: syntax error : ''delete'' Is it even possible to compile the memory manager into a library? I need this because i want to check if my library code is producing any memory leaks.

All my individual library modules (8 or so of them) use that memory manager. The only thing I can suggest you try is creating ALL your headers like so;

// disable the memory manager

#include "nommgr.h"

// now have system includes

#include <windows.h>

// turn on the memory manager in all but release builds

// (end user doesn''t want to see our "memleaks.log" )

#ifndef NDEBUG
#include "mmgr.h"
#endif

// now have local includes

#include "myclass.h" // etc

I''m sure the problem you are experiencing is down to the memory manager being active when some system header is included.

Thanx man, i didnt noe what that nommgr did until now. Another slight complain is that i get a warning msg like this:

e:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\3D\GameEngine\Source\mmgr.h(41) : warning C4117: macro name ''__FUNCTION__'' is reserved, ''#define'' ignored

Probably nothing serious i guess.