Good C# tutorial?

Started by
20 comments, last by timmay314 20 years ago
I know C++ pretty well and can use D3D and win32, but I''ve seen managed code in C# and it looks much easier and is still pretty fast. I finally got a copy of Visual Studio .NET (2003), but I don''t know C# at all (I''m also confused by the layout that''s different from Visual C++ 6). Can someone show me to a good C# tutorial?
Advertisement
C# Bible

ISBN 0-7645-4834-4
Bah, I don''t want to spend money on a book unless I can''t find a good, free online tutorial. Are there any good ones online?
Plenty out there - search google.
quote:Original post by wyrd
Plenty out there - search google.

He asked for a good one. Google won''t separate the wheat from the chaff. Quit being an ass.
There is one in MSDN.
Good point Anonymous,

I can''t stand that 99% of the people here say go search google. Sometimes its needed other times just down right annyoing...
[/quote]
and yet there still hasn''t been a good answer

try this one, m looking at it right now
http://www.softsteel.co.uk/tutorials/cSharp/contents.html

let me know if you find a good one for Directx or opengl
quote:Good point Anonymous,

I can't stand that 99% of the people here say go search google. Sometimes its needed other times just down right annyoing...

(not directed at OP)

Why should I take time to answer something that is found on the first or second page of Google? Or in MSDN for that matter? Or has already been answered four times this week? I have no sympathy for people who can't learn to fend for themselves and actually buckle down and spend sometime researching things on the web. Sometimes, more than an hour looking up information and sifting through posts. That is one way to learn. IMO that is far more effective a teacher than simply asking every single little question on the forum. If you knew how many silly Win32 questions I have had, I could have easily filled up the first page when I do work on Win32. But, they all end up at groups.google.com, and occasionally I annoy the heck out of daerid and company in #programmers with them.

All I'm saying is, learn to be independent, not dependent on any forum or group of people. Dependence of this sort is grating to all parties involved over time.

As for learning a language, I'd go with a book, can't beat good old paper. Failing that, I'd suggest making a default WinForms application and just feeling your way around. Add a few controls and try doing simple stuff like that, and move up from there. I think at work we had a few C# books but I used them for reference mostly. There is a wealth of code out there, learn from it.

[edited by - antareus on March 18, 2004 9:39:36 PM]
--God has paid us the intolerable compliment of loving us, in the deepest, most tragic, most inexorable sense.- C.S. Lewis
quote:
He asked for a good one. Google won't separate the wheat from the chaff. Quit being an ass.

I wasn't being an ass. What I might consider a good C# tutorial may differ from what he considers a good C# tutorial.

How about you provide some actual help rather than making random posts as an anon?

[edited by - wyrd on March 18, 2004 11:33:37 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement