zelda is dead

Started by
27 comments, last by u-diy 20 years ago
my 2c worth .. When will big companies draw the line and stop milking a game for all its worth? Or is this what game design is all about …. ? A once brilliant game destroyed by un understandable design and complication Building a strong story to a game but in that neglecting what made the game good in the first place ,kiddy- fiying a game so much a 3 year old would want to play it but puzzles and story line for a teen” im confused it what the game is trying to betray and for witch age group its amid for ?” You need a walk threw to figure out ? Just busy playing Majoras mask I can finish game but could not be bothered and this coming from a fan of the game :O should have left mega man as mega man not tried to mega man Zelda with a touch of Mario brothers I have a review of this game just as im so disappointed in the the game It was a good book backed up with week pathetic game play Boredom was the hardest thing to over come, besides the stupid sub games to get a needed item , forcing some to participate in some thing they never would pay money to do in the first place ! lucky it had old school guardians that made it feel like the game a tad …. Come to think of it, this brings a lot of questions to my mind as from this game I see the opposite to most things iv learned about game design …even though at the end of the day it was good team work by a good team. I saw screens shots of the gamecube Zelda and I threw up! So really in my eyes the game is dead …
Advertisement
quote:Original post by u-diy
I saw screens shots of the gamecube Zelda and I threw up!

This response is easy to criticize. You have somehow gotten the idea that you are entitled to a certain kind of experience, that designers owe you something. You're wrong. Game designers don't owe you a certain type of gameplay any more than car designers owe me a certain type of car. They try to please customers, and customers decide what they like and don't like.

Apart from a simple and visceral reaction to a specific case, what does this thread have to do with game design?

Edit: Your keyboarding is still weak, and poor presentation of a weak idea makes it difficult to respect your views.

[edited by - Iron Chef Carnage on March 18, 2004 2:22:57 PM]
Well then im sorry dude this is how I speak its me and unfortunately.. who I am!
Is a pitty the game sucks but you right I’m 1 of many, that’s why I put my 2c worth ..
And maybe ill just use points in my threads from now on, so even u can grasp the basic out line ..of what im saying or 1 day play what I express, as there will be no misunderstanding in that.

Ok game design…coff coff ok how’s this … I have a few problems like my weapon can only be so big eg uted3 weapon is needed to be constructed with in a limit of 128/128/128 unit bounding box “weapon length 128 units max”” but my 9th ,10th,11th,12th and 13th weapon will be needed to be constructed in a 256/128/128 unit bounding box “weapon length 256 units max”” so I hope some 1 will understand this and help me ,so I can model all my weapons….unfortunately my weapons play a very big part in the game and if they need to be changed it will cause me a lot of redesign ….
Any way look forward to you input on my English skills ;P

----------
I think to be realistic I can get away with 192units
hmm [1-8 weapons need to be long,9-13 very long 14 long 15-22 size is of no Consequence to this problem]

[edited by - u-diy on March 18, 2004 3:17:44 PM]
actually Zelda from the N64 to the GC, is just a natural progression of the series.

granted I''m not sure if this is the same Link from the NES days but he''s familiar enough not to get in a temper tantrum about.

also the gameplay for Zelda has always been about puzzles and such.
so i don''t understand the complaint.

in any case, i''m hoping that they make that realistic Zelda game they had screenshots of when they first announced Zelda for the GC.

anyway, take it easy... it''s not like you''re making RPGs

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

haha yes was just a point
puzzels are ok....
Links awakening
Link to the past
Zelda
Zelda64
were good ,the rest were sad and pathetic

and in Zelda “nes “there were no stupid sub games or people with fat mouths where I needed the all night mask to play the game never mind listen to crap nothings
all I wanted was to dip my sword in the blood of some monster who thought they were better than me… and Zelda was only game to offer a cruseie intense stile of game play dipped in adventure ,for me any way ….yes I hope they will make a action Zelda
more like Zelda 1 “were the sword did all the talking
I liked Majoras Mask - I found it surreal and quite dark in parts. The 3 day system with the characters paths mapped out was also original.
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."...Governor George W. Bush, 9/15/95
ye are few good parts to it but iv been playin it for a week and i cant remember how many times ive yoused these ..
1.>Av>Av
2.>>AAvv
3.vA>vA>
no frezz time ???
i think i played more tunes than thrust my sword so far
any way im on my way to the moon so ill find out was it all worth it shortly............
Sorry I lie I beet up on the plants around clock town I think they felt my blaid more in the game than all the enameys put to gether :|"that I had to work so hard to get indestructible" as fairy sward is so rude ill never use it ...

[edited by - u-diy on March 18, 2004 4:00:04 PM]
quote:Original post by u-diy my 2c worth .. When will big companies draw the line and stop milking a game for all its worth?
When "all it''s worth" equals approximately zero. They don''t get to be big companies by going for the ''arty'' titles.
quote:Or is this what game design is all about …. ?
No, this is what big business is about. Leave innovation to the small companies.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL Docs | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost
Asking Questions | Organising code files | My stuff | Tiny XML | STLPort]
its ok i just sumed it up ,its put me of playing games for a long time...maybe i do my game sick of other peoples crap!
ps:Be honest I may sound sick but I would had more fun killing the people in clock town
And definitely sticking my sword in that dam dogs head so far it came out its ..s!!!

[edited by - u-diy on March 18, 2004 4:37:51 PM]
quote:Original post by u-diy
I saw screens shots of the gamecube Zelda and I threw up!
You can''t judge solely by screenshots.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement