• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean Doherty

Freelance Games - Games Compete Head to Head

This topic is 5234 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi All, Over the past two months the site has grow quite a bit and we now feature over 20 games. That said, I was hoping to get input into what kind of features should be adding to the site next? Also, I would be very interested to now what people like and dislike about the site at this time. Thanks for Your Time _______________________________________ Understanding is a three edged sword... Independent Games compete Head to Head ... www.FreelanceGames.com [edited by - Sean Doherty on March 18, 2004 5:57:00 PM]

Advertisement
At the time of this reply; this post had 66 views and not one reply. Since I know that doesn''t mean that my site is perfect I hoping that to get some ideas on:

- what I can improve to help retain users;
- what I should add to increase traffic;
- how can I get more people to vote; there are currently over 40 registered users but very few voting members

Lastly, if you have a game please submit it.

Thanks

Independent Games compete Head to Head ...
www.FreelanceGames.com

I think the idea is really bizaare. I just noticed a chess game being compared to a space action game. Different people have different tastes, and such comparisons are not really useful. What is the point of your site? I can''t find anywhere to actually download the games other than links to the actual developer websites. Some of the games aren''t free either. How do you rate a game if you have to pay for it first? Do you want people to rate a game based on the review and/or screenshots? I can''t see such a site becoming very popular just because the idea of the site doesn''t seem to have any useful purpose.

Snowman | Ardaxus | Nathan
---------------------------------
Tangle - Persistent World Toolkit
tangle.netlab.com.au

Ardaxus,

Thanks for your comments; I am planning to add a feature that will allow people to directly download the games. As for comparing the games; some are free and the others mostly have playable demos that can be used to make the comparison.

As for the the useful purspose; it allow developers to have there games compared with their peers. Also, I am continuing to grow the features of the site to better help developers.

Your probably right that a action game should not be compared with a action game; and I am planning to expand the number of ladders (if that is what people want)? That said, in for a game to be game of the year it is necessary to compare it to all other games?

Independent Games compete Head to Head ...
www.FreelanceGames.com

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!