your game ideas please!!!

Started by
34 comments, last by Muncher 20 years, 1 month ago
I know that underneath you are all creative people with thousands of ideas for cool game features. We have a team of 5 people, and we our writing a (3d) game for our Final Year Industry project for our degree (IT). We have decided to let the gamedev community become involved in the making of the game as we do it step by step! When the project is finished all source will be released to the community and all creation documents. Any contributions will be noted in the final program. We will have a site up shortly! Until then, we are pondering ideas for the game: The client has suggested it be based around a vehicle. LET THE BRAINSTORMING BEGIN!!!
Advertisement
3D Moon Patrol.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
how about a game that the user can create any vechile they want out of parts

they can add guns etc

then they all have a big no holds barred race.

First person 3D Time Pilot.
How about a Master Blaster remake -- just to go with the moon patrol dig.
Cubic pac-man.
you are a groundhog, one of many amonst your troup/herd/whatever a group of groundhogs is called. the local farmer has started poisoning the rats in his barn. they are fleeing to your burrows for safety. however, as they are rats, they don''t want to share the space, they are KILLING ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

arm yourself with explosive pea pods, carrot spears, onion stink bombs and other farm based weapons. use your groundhog cunning to lure rats to farmer laid poison traps, use your weapons to kill them! go to WAR with the rats!

-me
Actually once I began to develope a game based on hover cars, in a world that was much like Dune. The weren''t really cars, but hover tanks -- sleek looking with like hidden mini missile racks and the whole nine yard.

I envisioned a sort of multiplayer game, but the idea was about these sorts of things:

Modifiable Vehicles (of course, Gran Tourizimo level)

Co-pilots and Packs of sleek hover tanks (football games, and starcraft like strategy.)

Sheilds and gunners something like the Star Wars X-wing squadron game.

Resource management (fuel dependencies, weapons take energy, boosting shield takes energy, special weapons take energy, etc. And of course you can only take so many mini-missiles with you when you go on partrol.)

Fights would center on some time of Ore, or precious commodity, back up (totally avoiding RType like boosts.)

quote:Original post by Palidine
you are a groundhog, one of many amonst your troup/herd/whatever a group of groundhogs is called. the local farmer has started poisoning the rats in his barn. they are fleeing to your burrows for safety. however, as they are rats, they don''t want to share the space, they are KILLING ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

arm yourself with explosive pea pods, carrot spears, onion stink bombs and other farm based weapons. use your groundhog cunning to lure rats to farmer laid poison traps, use your weapons to kill them! go to WAR with the rats!

-me

Or they could just be rabits, fighting rabits (Watership Down.)
Or they could be mice fight rats, fighting cats and mice (Secret of Nihm)

I''m working with Muncher on this project, Firstly thanks for the ideas, they are much appreciated.

Our ''client'' is leaning towards a remake of an old game, using a current 3d engine, something like the halflife/quake engine.

One of the aspects of game dev that we are trying to avoid to some degree is the modeling of extremly difficult objects, for example cars that look like real world car models.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement