Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Programming 2D art into your game

This topic is 5018 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wonder if this question has been asked too much... But please, I mean no disrespect here in any way. ^_^ I''m interested in getting the ''Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX'' book, but does it have anything on how to add in 2D art (for example, inside the speach bubble of a character speaking) into your game? Or how to add ''cut-scenes'' with an anime sequence? Can you possibly recommend a book otherwise? Other than that, I was wondering if anyone had some advice or tips on including 2D art/graphics into your game. Thanks! I hope I got the right forum, heh. ^_^

quote:
Original post by Cape-chan
I wonder if this question has been asked too much...
But please, I mean no disrespect here in any way. ^_^

I''m interested in getting the ''Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX'' book, but does it have anything on how to add in 2D art (for example, inside the speach bubble of a character speaking) into your game? Or how to add ''cut-scenes'' with an anime sequence? Can you possibly recommend a book otherwise?

Other than that, I was wondering if anyone had some advice or tips on including 2D art/graphics into your game.

Thanks! I hope I got the right forum, heh. ^_^

The book does show how to mix 2d and 3d.

As far as cut scenes, that could be done using scripting (which is covered in the book) and DirectShow (not covered). You could always read the DirectX docs for that information.