• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ps2hacker

New 3D Artist - Help Please

This topic is 5267 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey Everyone, I Started Using Bryce 4 About Three Months Ago, And Thought It Was The Coolest. But I Wanted To Start Making Creatures, People, Etc... So I Looked Around And Got Some Help, And Found Milkshape 3D. It has lots of features, and I am having trouble. I was wondering if anyone has help on how to make characters, and can show me a thing or two, or reccomend some freeware, that would be cool. Thanks...

Advertisement
I think Wings3D is probably the best free modeller available, but I haven''t tried MilkShape. Have you looked for tutorials?

"Sweet, peaceful eyelash spiders! Live in love by the ocean of my eyes!" - Jennifer Diane Reitz

Guest Anonymous Poster
Characters are quite a tricky starting point - you might want to try some relatively simple static objects to start off with - furniture, swords, stuff like that. 3dtotal.com has a tutorial at http://www.3dtotal.com/team/Tutorials/benmathis/benmathis_1.asp that I''ve found really handy, but it doesn''t cover the various buttons you need to press, just some good techniques etc.
A quick search about brought up http://www.psionic3d.co.uk/lowtuts.html which I think you might find useful!
Good luck!

thanks for the tips: both of you. i think i will try furniture swords and the basics first , and then move on to characters. and i will try the wings3d. im also looking for help, if anyone wants to share a model and work on it with me let me know...

Poser is designed by the same company as Bryce, and I think it''s supposed to be a companion in terms of "people and creatures". If you want to make rendered art, the Victoria 3 and Michael 3 characters can do just about anything.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!