how to rip sprite from snes rom ??? not using screen capt method ???

Started by
7 comments, last by kheemeng 20 years, 1 month ago
not by the screen capture method but by using some utility that can scan and rip all sprites from the rom ??? thanks !!! I can be contacted over at Andy_Kheemeng@yahoo.com.sg
Advertisement
quote:Original post by kheemeng
not by the screen capture method but by using some utility that can scan and rip all sprites from the rom ???

try tile molester (http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kenth/tm)
Oooh, careful there, this isn''t legal territory, unless you mean public domaine roms.

The fastest way is to have a good bitmap tiler utility and to actually take screenshots. Tile Edit Pro (if you can find it; freeware) is my weapon of choice for this sort of work: you just feed it a bitmap and it creates a series of tiles or sprites from it. You can even remove duplicate entries, which are bound to occure often in an SNES game (say, for tiles in an RPG).

The applications of this technique, of course, do not limit themselves purely at SNES roms but even at Win32 games. But then again, why not just look for a pre-ripped pack of graphics in the first place? Time-saver.
You could just turn off all graphics layers except for sprites, then print screen.

n00b I am..
quote:Original post by RuneLancer
Oooh, careful there, this isn''t legal territory, unless you mean public domaine roms.

Roms are legal as long as you own the original
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
quote:Original post by RuneLancer

Roms are legal as long as you own the original

However, ripping images from them to use in your own work isn''t.

----------------------------------------
"Before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away and have their shoes." -- Deep Thoughts
"If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you how it''s done." - Scott Adams
FaceHat Software -- Wear the hat.
I was the anon.

quote:
However, ripping images from them to use in your own work isn''t.

He never said he was going to do that
-----If you thought I was helpful, rate me down.If you thought I wasn't helpful, rate me down as well.This idiot didn't read my signature and tried to insult me.
quote:Original post by Game_Dude_man
You could just turn off all graphics layers except for sprites, then print screen.

For whatever reason, he did explicitly request methods besides screen capture, which is what you just suggested.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

I already answered this question in your other thread.

I''m not a mod or anything but i''m pretty sure you shouldnt be crossposting like that.

Seriously, google is your friend.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement