Multiple Videocards?

Started by
5 comments, last by Tree Penguin 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi, i have a GF Ti4200 128MB AGP8x and i found an old (prehistoric) videocard with an antennea in. As i can use this to capture video i was wondering if i can use both my GF and the S3 Trio 64+ (with Scenic/MX2) at the same time, i only need the antennea input to work. I tried this but so far i didn''t succeed, the videocard cannot find enough free sources so windows tells me i should turn off any similar hardware to get it working (meaning my GF4 ), also configuring the sources isn''t possible. Is there a way to do this so i don''t have to buy a new tv-card? Thanks a lot!
Advertisement
I had a similar problem a couple of months ago using an old graphics card when I was trying to get two monitors going at once. Windows said I didn''t have enough resources and I couldn''t change the resources, but then I played around with the multiple monitor settings (where your set the screen resolution, color depth, etc. for Windows), and after rebooting, it just sort of figured it out on its own.

I don''t know exactly what changed, but I would suggest maybe turning on a second monitor, even if you don''t have one, and then rebooting.

kingnosis
If you want to capture video of a game though you''ll have to run it through the old video card, which means it may not work at all and if it does it will be slow and look horrible.
Monder: No, that would be possible via AVI as well (which is a lot easier).

As i said i want to capture a video from a videocamera using the antennea in of the S3 videocard.

Kingnosis: i'll try to configure multiple displays and see if i can get it working, thanks for the advice.

[edited by - Tree Penguin on March 20, 2004 4:55:41 AM]
Kingnosis: how do i configure multiple viewports (i couldn''t find anything in display configurations or my nvidia utilities)?
quote:Original post by Tree Penguin
Monder: No, that would be possible via AVI as well (which is a lot easier).

As I think it, it will. Transcoders are greatly improved. I have a permedia2 (which is by far, more advanced than your S3) and quality is barely sufficient. I don''t see how it could work producing nice results, analog to digital converters are the problem.

Previously "Krohm"

Ok, so is there a way to get somewhat nice results from a video8 camera (i know, old...) on the computer?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement