Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Controls suggestions for an arcade game

This topic is 5019 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i have been working on a 3d arcade game similar to the old "Fire Fight" (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/firefight/index.html) game.. now in that game the main spaceship rotates to the left or right when u pres the left or right key and u can use the up and down to accelerate and decelerate. in my game the cam will always be behind the spaceships and also i dont want to just rotate when i press my left and right keys, the spaceship takes a curvy route when u press left or the right, so it has to have an acceleration when it turns around. this seems to cause problems when u just wanna move to the side and shoot. i''ll have to make weird curvy turns just to move to the left or right side.. other thing i thought was, use arrow keys to move the spaceship in their respective directions and use the mouse to rotate and shoot. i am not quite sure if this is a good solution, seems a little bit complicated.. du guys have any suggestions? thanks