IVMRMixerBitmap: Multiple Direct3D scenes over a video stream?

Started by
0 comments, last by crypting 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I have modified the BmpMix9 Sample to mix an offscreen renderer D3D scene with the running video using IVMRMixerBitmap interface. With only one surface it works fine. But then.. I've tried to render another scene into another offscreen rendered Direct3D surface, so I could mix TWO different D3D scenes with the current running video at the same time. I get a "flash-behaviour". Both Direct3D scenes are shown, but one after the other, not at the same time. So.. my question is: Is there any way to show more than one "AlphaBitmap" over a video stream using IVMRMixerBitmap? If not.. what should I do? Create an "empty" video stream, blend the second D3D scene over this one and use IVMRMixerControl9 interface to set de Z-Order?? Thanks in advance... [edited by - crypting on March 19, 2004 4:08:35 PM]
Advertisement
The IVMRMixerBitmap interface is simplistic and intended to do simple overlay of (almost certainly) a single image.

If you need to composite multiple scenes with video then creating your own allocator-presentor would be a better option. This would allow you complete control over the mixing and you would be able to blend as needed onto a Direct3D surface. It''s more work than the IVMRMixerBitmap interface but you''ll get better results. The VMRXCLBasic and VMRXCL samples look the most relevant.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement