Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

directdraw erroring and asking for "STRLEN.ASM"

This topic is 5016 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hey there. Does anyone have experience in using ddutil.cpp/h, the direct draw wrappers that come with DirectX8? I''ve been using them the last couple of weeks and things have been going great, and then I came round to this function to display text on the screen: HRESULT CDisplay::CreateSurfaceFromText ( CSurface** ppSurface,HFONT hFont, TCHAR* strText,COLORREF crBackground, COLORREF crForeground ) Now this works fine for displaying words, but I now want to display an integer. I''ve tried casting it with (char*) and (TCHAR*) but everytime my program crashes. I ran it through the debugger and I get a strange error, I get dumped into some assembly and my compiler program asks me to locate a file: "STRLEN.ASM". I''ve ran a search for it on my machine and I don''t have it. I don''t really get what''s going on, I''ve never had an error like this before. If anyone could shed any light on this I would be very grateful. Jaggy

When you try to step into a function, the compiler wants to show the code for that function (since that''s kind of the point). The code for the strlen function is STRLEN.ASM. You haven''t got the source to the MS C runtime library, so you can''t find that file.

It has *nothing* to do with DDraw crashing.

In terms of displaying numbers, try sprintf or itoa.