Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Its Win32... Do you know where your Children are?

This topic is 5017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Bwa ha ha, wittiest Win32 title ever. So I''ve found my window via FindWindow() and thats all fine and dandy. How does one go about locating (and getting) the handles of its children now? For example, if I FindWindow("MyApp", "MyApp!") and it has an "EDIT" box with no title, I can''t just go FindWindow("EDIT", "") and get the child edit box back. So how would you do it?

Beautiful!

But now, is there a way to snag the window''s CLASS name? I swear, when you know WHAT you''re looking on MSDN, its a sinch. When you''re trying ''generic'' names and keywords, its needle in a haystack.

Just a quick word of advice, because yes, your right, its like a needle in a haystack. But alot of times the question has been asked before on usenet, and many times, in the same wording. Go to GROUPS.GOOGLE.COM and type in your question or error. Like, "How do I find a child window WINAPI C++", 9/10 you get someone that asked the same question (or similar) and can at least get something to lookup/research