C++ Make directory

Started by
4 comments, last by Justaddwater 20 years, 1 month ago
Hi guys, Im looking for ideas/source for making a very simple program. I want it to make a directory and prompt you for the name of it, then exit. Ideally it would let you pick where to make that directory, but also by default always make it on same place i.e. desktop thanks
Advertisement
Ok well I have the basic _mkdir stuff, I guess the real problem is I want to make it anywhere
Folders and directory structure are OS dependant. There is no standard C++ way of manipulating them.

daerid | Legends | Garage Games | Spirit | Hapy | Boost | Python | Google
"Doomed to crumble, unless we grow, and strengthen our communication" - Maynard James Keenan, Tool
daerid@gmail.com
Do you actually have a question here? It seems like you have a problem, but from your post I can''t tell if it''s parsing input, calling functions, composing strings, linking or figuring out if you should sacrifice a duck or a ram when coding when Mercury is in the third house.
he is asking for a way to generate directories , an thus my answer is boost::filesystem google on it or search the forums here i know ive seen it posted before
boost::filesystem::create_directory
boost::filesystem::create_directories

- Magmai Kai Holmlor

Not For Rent

[Look for information | GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MSDN RTF[L] | SGI STL Docs | STFW | Asking Smart Questions ]
[Free C++ Libraries | Boost | ACE | Loki | MTL | Blitz++ | wxWindows| Spirit(xBNF)]
[Free C Libraries | zlib ]

- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement