P2P UML Software

Started by
8 comments, last by tgraupmann 20 years ago
Are there any realtime UML tools out there that let multiple users collaboratively work on diagrams across the web using P2P technology? I really need something. I''m in Washington working with others in New York, NJ, and another in the UK.
*News tagenigma.com is my new domain.
Advertisement
quote:Original post by tgraupmann
Are there any realtime UML tools out there that let multiple users collaboratively work on diagrams across the web using P2P technology?

I really need something. I''m in Washington working with others in New York, NJ, and another in the UK.

Hmmm, not quite what you were thinking of, but if you used some UML software that stored in a text type format (eg XML, isn''t XMI text based ??) & didn''t want real time collaboration perhaps you could set up a CVS somewhere and check in/out of that? you''d be able to do that if anyones behind a broadband connection & has their computer on 99% of the time...
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Hmmm, not quite what you were thinking of, but if you used some UML software that stored in a text type format (eg XML, isn''t XMI text based ??) & didn''t want real time collaboration perhaps you could set up a CVS somewhere and check in/out of that? you''d be able to do that if anyones behind a broadband connection & has their computer on 99% of the time...

The XML files used by UML programs tend to be hard to merge automatically, which makes using optimistic-concurrency based version control systems like CVS hard in this context.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
I don''t care about CVS to control the versioning. I want to be able to draw a box here and have it display on someone else computer somewhere else in realtime. If they add text and add interactions I want to see it on my screen. That''s why I need Peer to Peer. I can''t host the server on my end.
Netmeeting?
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
If you can wait about a week, I will have my engine in a stable version (check the web site, it will be updated when coding is done but FAQ should give you an idea what it can do at the moment)
With my engine, you can code (or i can code it as a demo/tutorial)
your application with those network capabilities in less than a day. Its even possible to do it with Photoshop (or any program) by routing system messages.

Intro Engine
quote:Original post by Arild Fines
Netmeeting?

I was just about to suggest that. Just make sure everyone has the same UML software, same versions, etc.
Netmeeting is close to what I want. Except it can''t do a basic UML object. If it could do that, it''s all I need.

I need a P2P app like Kazaa, except written to do collaborative UML.
Ok Netmeeting is going to work.

Since it let''s you share an app, even if that app is a UML editor, it works precisely like I wanted.
There''s a few apps out there. They''re not cheap. Here''s a couple:

http://www.gentleware.com/
http://www.nohau.se/products/ilogix/pdf/uml.pdf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement